Speaker Training (DrupalCon recordings)
With 20+ years of public speaking and training experience, it was inevitable that I would end up teaching others the tricks of the trade. The first "speaker training" I delivered was to Linux and Perl user groups over a decade ago. Since 2009, I've been working with the Drupal community to offer free speaker training and/or one-on-one support to its speakers. I have delivered the DrupalCon training several times in multiple formats: 1/2 day workshop the week of the conference, 3-part webinar, and a single hour conference session. Below are a few of the recordings, and their related slides.
Variations of this three part webinar were delivered circa 2011-13 for DrupalCon Portland, DrupalCon Denver, and DrupalCon Munich.
- Part 1: Speaker expectations - video
- Part 2: Preparing your slides - video, slides
- Part 3: Delivering your presentation - video, slides
- Community Training: Speaker Training, DrupalCon Barcelona 2015 - recording, slides, or repository
- Presenting You! - slides (delivered at: DrupalCon Washington DC circa 2009)
- Presenting You! - slides (delivered at: DrupalCon Washington DC in 2009, and DrupalCon San Francisco in 2010)