Training in the Open
This web site serves as a collection of ideas which need to be captured, and perhaps which should be shared. You can read more about the inception of the site.
Reader bewarned. This site is a living set of notes and will be updated to reflect current attempts at best practices instead of maintaining an archive of thought processes. In other words: the content of a URL may not be permanent! The content is, however, captured in a [Git repository](https://github.com/emmajane/tito). If you wish to go back in time, the content is still available.
In addition to the thoughts below, there is also a growing archive of useful classroom activities which may prove useful if you are teaching in a traditional classrom.
- Fishing and Eating Fish
- Helping Your Audience Learn
- Integrity of the Experience
- Linking Training and Organizational Objectives
- Limits of Mind Maps
- Using Mind Maps to Plan Curriculum Topics
- Putting Video in Order
- Using DITA for Planning
- Planning Is Hard
- Non-Linear Presenation Aids
- The Role of the Trainer
- Have Consequences by Showing Context
- Wearing Your Blinders
- Wrapping Curriculum Around Existing Resources